The Danish Equine Academy will this year in May host Myopain Seminars with their course on Equine Dry Needling (EQ-DN)
The Equine Dry Needling (EQ-DN) is a 3-day course designed for veterinarians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, and chiropractors with an interest in equine myofascial pain management. This course will introduce health professionals to the management of equine myofascial pain using dry needling therapies. The EQ-DN course includes the management of 20 equine muscles. Future advanced-level equine dry needling courses will expand upon the treatment options dependent upon interest.
NOTE: In the US, Canada, and other countries, physical therapists may not be able to use equine dry needling without a veterinarian. Please check your national, state, and provincial laws and regulations before using equine dry needling in clinical practice.
The class size is limited to 24 students.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be able to:
- Describe all studied muscles in the course: origin and insertion, innervation, function, and dry needling precautions
- Describe three aspects of the contribution of myofascial trigger points to soft tissue pain and dysfunction
- Describe the key components of the Integrated Trigger Point Hypothesis
- Demonstrate proper identification of all the muscles studied in the course
- Demonstrate high standards of palpation of the muscles studied in the course: applicable to most soft tissue abnormalities
- Demonstrate proper identification of the three key features of a trigger point
- Describe three basic principles (technique, indications/contraindications, hygiene and safety) of dry needling
- Demonstrate safe and accurate dry needling of each included muscle
This is a 3-day course starting each day at 8:00 am until 5:30 pm. This course includes theoretical classes and practical sessions with horses. Each day will have two 15-minute Q&A sessions and one hour for lunch.